Everybody loves lasagna, right? So, why not turn this family favorite into an easy and, oh so delicious dip? It’s sure to be a big hit at your next get together!
- 1 lb ground venison or venison sausage, browned
- 24 oz jar of pasta sauce of your choice (may substitute with homemade sauce)
- 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Bread sticks, crusty bread, or crackers for dipping
Preheat oven to 350°.
In large bowl, combine 1½ cup mozzarella, ½ cup cheddar, parmesan, and cream cheese. Mix well and spread evenly in bottom of deep dish pie pan or casserole dish.
Next, combine ground meat, pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning in large bowl. Mix well and pour over top of cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
Bake approximately 25 minutes, just until cheese is starting to turn golden.
Serve with favorite bread, crackers, or even chips for dipping.
Slow cooker method- Arrange ingredients in crock pot in same order. Cook on low for 2-4 hours. Or, if you need it done sooner, cook on high for 1-2 hours.
Want the taste of sausage, but don’t have it. Add 1 tsp of fennel seed, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning to the ground venison during the browning process.