- 5 Tb butter
- 1 ½ lbs venison steak, sliced into thin strips (tip: meat is easier to slice if slightly frozen)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (approximately ½ c)
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms (I prefer baby bellas)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- ½ c beef broth
- ½ c sherry or dry white wine (can substitute with additional beef broth)
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c sour cream
- 4 c egg noodles, cooked
- Salt & pepper to taste
Melt 3 Tb butter in large skillet. Add venison steak strips in single layer (meat may not all fit at once, depending on size of skillet). Brown on each side over med/high heat. Remove meat from skillet. Reduce heat to medium or medium/low and add additional butter to skillet. Stir in onions and mushrooms; saute for approximately 4 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent onions from burning.
Return meat to skillet. Stir in mushroom soup, beef broth, sherry (or additional beef broth), and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5- 10 minutes (just until sauce thickens), stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, mixing well. Serve over cooked egg noodles & enjoy!!
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice instead of noodles
- Substitute venison with your other favorite game meat or beef